14 February, 2011

Pressure's on.

This week has not been a good one when it comes to photography (for me, anyways). In class last Wednesday, our assignment was given: Make Art.
This creates a difficulty.
When I'm after a specific image, I shoot and shoot and shoot until I get what I need.
When our assignments were specific, I was able to imagine the specific thing I wanted!
But now that it's Art with a capital A, my mind is shooting blanks. Needless to say, none of them are hitting the target.
It's getting to the point where I'm really discouraged. And the people around me are steadfast in making me conserve my "artistic integrity." - you're the artist, not me, you come up with the ideas.
Well, there are ideas, and then there are ideas. Let's hope that something (or four somethings) strikes me tomorrow!



p.s. to see the rest of the photographs head over to www.flickr.com/kira-jillane

No comments: